COVID-19 Safety Policy
Last Updated: Aug 3 2022
Your health and safety is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the health and safety guidance provided by the City of Las Vegas, Henderson County and the State of Nevada. Things can change at any time, especially with the arrival of new variants. If we change this policy in any material way, we will provide updates via this page, our announcement channel, and social media. Please expect additional delays during registration to accommodate the implementation of our health and safety plan. Reminders will be sent out to all registered participants prior to the event to help ensure a smooth conference experience for all. Additionally, we highly encourage you to also take an at-home COVID-19 test prior to and following the event.
Vaccinations: Following the guidance of health experts, all participants of DEFCON Furs (including leads, staff, volunteers, vendors, presenters, general participants, etc. – this means everyone) must be up to date on their vaccinations to participate in our events. Per the CDC “You are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines when you have received all doses in the primary series and all boosters recommended for you, when eligible.”
Medical, religious, or philosophical objections will not be accepted.
Proof of Vaccination: Valid forms of vaccination proof include a valid government-issued photo ID and one of the following:
- Original, copy, or electronic photo of the CDC vaccination card (or similar documentation issued by another foreign governmental jurisdiction)
- Personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California available by going to https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov
- Personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by another state, local, or foreign governmental jurisdictions
The name and birthdate on your ID and your proof of vaccination must match.
We highly recommend that you bring your digital proof of vaccination for expedited processing.
Wristbands: Once your vaccination status has been confirmed, you will be issued a wristband. Wristbands must be worn visibly for the duration of your stay at the event. If you need to replace your wristband, please visit registration for a new vaccination check.
Masks: Based on recent increases in COVID-19 cases, we are requiring that all participants of DEFCON Furs to wear a mask while inside for the entirety of the event, except when you are 1) actively eating or drinking; or 2) a presenter actively giving your talk/workshop. Masks must be worn completely over both your mouth and nose.
Failure to comply with our mask policy will result in removal from the event without refund or recourse.
Know which masks provide the best protection against COVID-19:
• Fabric mask with three or more cloth layers
No matter what kind of mask you wear, check the fit and eliminate gaps above the nose or on the sides. Gaps will significantly reduce the effectiveness of any mask.
- Bandana style or other single layer cloth masks are not permitted.
- Masks with a respirator valve are not permitted.
Hand sanitizer: Hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol is available throughout the event space. Please make liberal use of it.
Disinfection: Disinfectant wipes will be provided throughout the event space.
Ventilation: Being in crowded places like our conference center puts you at higher risk for COVID-19.
Handwashing: Multiple bathrooms are available with soap and water for at least 20 seconds in accordance with CDC/WHO guidelines.
Signage: Signage highlighting healthy habits will be posted throughout the event space.
Not feeling well? Out of respect for everyone’s health, we ask that you do not attend if any of the following is true:
- You are not feeling well.
- You have any of the symptoms related to COVID-19, especially loss of taste or smell and/or fever.
- You have recently been in contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected to have COVID-19.
- You have recently been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- The CDC Guidelines indicate that you should quarantine or limit your exposure to other people, especially due to COVID-19.
Refund: If you are not able to attend due to health reasons or your inability to comply with this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund for your registration. Refunds may be granted at our discretion.
Questions: If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please reach out to email@example.com